Type of Courses
Courses for New Students
- Ten-day Courses: ten-day course is an introductory course to Vipassana Meditation where the technique is taught step-by-step each day. The courses begin after a 2-5 pm registration period and orientation, followed by 10 full days of meditation. Courses end the morning of the 11th day by 7:30 am. See the Code of Discipline. for more details and then complete the application form.
- Children’s courses: These courses are designed for children 10 to 17 years of age, preferably accompanied by an adult meditator of this tradition. Please visit www.children.dhamma.org for more details. Dhamma Vipula conducts regular children courses on alternate Sundays. Please click here to see the schedule of the courses.
- Teen courses: These courses are designed for teenagers 15-19 years of age, as an introduction to meditation. Please visit www.children.dhamma.org for more details.
Courses for Old Students
A number of courses are exclusively held for Old Students, i.e. persons who have completed at least one 10-day course in this tradition. These include short refresher courses as well as longer and more in-depth courses. Dhamma Vipula conducts following regular courses for old students:
- Short courses: Center has a separate wing for short courses with 2/3 days duration. Regular short courses are held in this separate building twice a month. It has a capacity to serve 30 students. For details regarding schedule of short courses, please visit Course List
- One day courses: One day courses are held at the Center every Sunday between 11 am to 5 pm. It has separate meditation hall for one day courses with capacity to accommodate 80 students. No prior registration is required to attend one day courses.